Saturday 5 September 2009

Rain, rain, go away!

Oh dear, should we be worried about the floods that are taking over West Africa? According to BBC News, between 25 and 32 people have already died in Ghana and more in our neighbouring countries. Annoyingly, I got more news from BBC's website than from Joy's. I had hoped to read about the floods in further detail on Joy's website, but it seems theirs rather showed a summary of what I had already read.

I guess as I prepare to make my journey home, I'll have to wait a day or two before I hear more news on these floods. Do feel free to fill me in!

2 comments:

The Author said...

Maybe I am ill informed, but I am surprised to read from you that about 30 people have already died from floods in Ghana. If nobody says it is true, then maybe that's why myjoyonline does not have it. I will verify today. How have you been? You've been missed.

Maya Mame said...

Perhaps you are right Nana Yaw. It just seemed too odd that a Ghanaian newsportal would have less to write about something happening in Ghana than BBC does.

I've been very well, but all too happy to be coming home soon, will call you for a good catch up session when I get back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails