Wednesday 7 March 2012

Kony 2012

Got 30 minutes to spare? Well even if you don't, free up thirty minutes to watch this video!

Now I try not to tell others to donate money to a cause where I can't vouch for how the money will be spent, but I do think it can be worth spreading the message by sharing it on blogs, Twitter and Facebook.

I don't need to add anything to the message, it's all in the video, but aside from all it entails I am amazed by the fact that in the time I spent watching the clip, the number of viewers rose from 4,285,570 to 7,377,102. More than three million people watched the Kony video at the same time I did! I will never stop being amazed by the power of modern media and the powerful changes it can make.

Need I remind you of my favourite 2011 phrase - the Arab Spring?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails