Sunday 19 January 2014

Komla Dumor 1972-2014

My heart skipped a beat when I heard of Komla Dumor's death. Unlike many of my Facebook friends, I have no personal anecdote to share, but like just about every other Ghanaian, I felt great pride every time I saw him report on BBC. What an excellent ambassador for Ghana! Since last night, my thoughts and prayers have been with his family, especially his three small children who have lost their father. No one should ever die that young. Rest in Peace, Komla.
(picture borrowed fromwww.superghana.com)

2 comments:

Abena Serwaa said...

Exactly how I feel Maya-mame. Still reeling from the news.What a loss for Ghana and Africa

Maya Mame said...

I know, Abena. Seems like the shock of it is as fresh as on Saturday. That broad smile of his was a global advertisement for Ghana and Africa.

On a lighter note, I'm very happy to see you here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails