Monday 21 December 2009

Carols, cooking and camera shots.

Hello. There's no one reason for my almost two week long absence from the blogosphere, there just has not been any time to blog. For the past two weeks I've been in and out of cold and flu states, it seems as soon as I am about to recover, I get busy and fall sick again. Somehow though, I've still managed quite a few appointments, both social and business ones.

So far there's been two Carols nights, a lovely Lucia celebration, the opening of a bar/deli/(soon) restaurant and a mini-launch, or rather introductory session for one of our company's products. In between that I've managed to draft some agreements, handle a few meetings and negotiations and baked, sewn and cooked for Christmas. Any wonder I'm not finding time to recover?

As it is now, after a scrumptious lunch at Captain Hooks with a few of my lovely girls, I feel another bout of flu coming on, so I'll leave you with a few pictures and hope to find more time to blog in the coming holiday season.
Business meeting on an Osu rooftop? Not too shabby for me!

View over Labone...

...and Oxford Street

Bella Roma, deli and bar, found on the side road between Frankies and Standard Cartered:


Omanye Energy Drink, available in a shop near you, soon.

10 comments:

Abena Serwaa said...

Lovely snapshots. Accra looks like the place to be in these pics. Two Carol nights? Glad to hear that there is some Christmas spirit somewhere. Things have been so somber and dry this year! Hopefully you will fully recover soon.

Maya Mame said...

Thanks Abena Serwaa! Yeah, I've been trying to brainwash myself that Christmas really is coming, but unfortunately both Carol nights were a bit off.

After reading your last post I have considered putting together a 'what's on' post to guide us through the seemingly boring holidays. Here's hoping I find time to do it!

Juanita said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery before Christmas!! The pictures look fab, hoewever if I go any further, I might flood you blog with tears..Oh I miss home!! *sniff* ;-)

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

Love the snow falling over Accra! :-)

Maya Mame said...

Thanks Nita. And I know the feeling of missing Accra when you're stuck in gloomy winter. :(

Maya Mame said...

I think it's the closest we're getting to snow this year, Kajsa!

Raine said...

Lovely pics! Is the food any good at the new place??

I miss Accra toooooooo! We just had a nasty snow storm this weekend and I wish I was far far away from the nasty slushy, icy mess outside. Sigh.

Maya Mame said...

Raine, for the first time I'm actually a bit grateful to be away from the cold, as I hear of people slipping all over the place.

The food at Captain Hooks was nice, not as amazing as the last time I was there, but still good. It's a great place for fish and seafood lovers!

Yngvild said...

I wish you and your family a very merry Christmas!!!

Maya Mame said...

Thank you Yngvild. God jul to you too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails