Wednesday, 11 August 2010

The train has come to town!

The other day I had some errands on the Spintex road. Seeing the traffic heading towards Tetteh Quarshie, I decided to drive all the way down the Spintex home to Tema. I'm glad I did. Not only did I catch that breathtaking view, as you turn the corner at the top of a little hill in Sakumono town, only to see the sea open up in front of you, with sand, palm trees and a bit of Tema harbour featuring on the left side.

I, of course opened my window to catch a few gasps of fresh sea air; all salt, freshness and fish fused into a perfect blend. The biggest surprise was at the end of the beach stretch. Suddenly the few cars in front of me ground to a halt. Just as I was about to get impatient, it came: out of a tiny tunnel ahead of us was a train!

I could have pinched myself for not having a camera (I left it at home, but since it's gone dead it wouldn't have helped me anyway). I tried taking a mental photo, and if I had had pen and paper I could easily have drawn a picture of it for you, at the 'speed' it choo-chooed past us. Luckily I found one online instead (thank you Ghana Business News!). Isn't it a beaut in its red, gold and green? And of course, there's a black star between every window!

Now, where does one go for a testride and how on earth do I stop singing this song every time I think of it?

5 comments:

Raine said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! How awesome is that? What are the destinations? Do you have any more info on it? I wanna ride it when I'm in town!!!! Yayyyy

Kajsa said...

Lets go together, looks awesome!

Nana Yaw Asiedu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nana Yaw Asiedu said...

I want to go too. Is there a seat for three?

Maya Mame said...

Raine, I've tried to find some info online but with no luck. I guess I'll have to get off my backside. Will definitely update you when I have more info.

Kajas, let's! It will be so exciting! Think I'll check at the TMA if I can get more info there.

Nana Yaw, the more the merrier! Will find out and get back to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails