Monday 1 September 2008

John McCain strikes back

Trust John McCain to ruin simple statistics for a Ghanaian-Swedish blogger!

After a night full of dreams two days ago, I woke up impressed by the discovery I had made. Don't worry, it's not as fascinating as it sounds. In one of my many dreams, Obama's son was being accused of sexually assaulting a girl who was either John McCain or John Kerry's daughter. It could be Obamania even in my subconscious, but I suspect I dreamt about this because the last thing I read before bed was an article about Michelle Obama.

Of course, when I woke up, I remembered that Obama doesn't even have a son, he has two daughters. Then I thought, wait a minute: Bill Clinton has a daughter, George Dubya has two and Obama has two! Does it take a 'daughters-only' household to lead America in modern years?

Very proud of myself, I set off to research McCain as I have not heard anything about his children (and I really wanted to be able to write a sexist post on how having daughters is the key to success for American presidents-to-be). Naturally, as in politics, he had to oppose me. John McCain has SEVEN children! Two adopted sons, then two girls, two boys and an adopted girl (did I get it right?).

Then again, if all goes well in the election ;), my theory will come true, meaning that for almost two decades, to successfully make it to the White House, you have to aim to only produce girls.

Kind of puts a new spin on the saying 'behind every successful man is a woman'.

2 comments:

Qué? said...

Hmmmm... let's hope so! Well observed!

Maya Mame said...

Thanks que!

Fingers crossed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails