Friday 30 January 2009

Feeling hot, hot, hot!

Today I vex, paa (translation: today I am very, very angry). Well actually since last night. I know I should be used to it by now, but there is no way I'll get used to life without electricity. All day yesterday, the lights went on and off, then just before midnight, they went off and didn't come back until 18:00 today! I don't even want to think of all the food I'll have to throw out as it's spoilt by now. And let's just put it this way: I never really, erm, appreciated just how hot Labone is compared to Tema, until I tried spending a night here without AC or a fan. (In Tema I always slept with the natural breeze coming from the windows, only once in a while with the assistance of a desk fan at the lowest speed).

It is that heat I can thank for my all-day migraine, which shows no signs of leaving me. I would blame it all on the ECG, but I have to say I am slightly impressed by the staff at ECG. At first I was just mad at them as I couldn't get through on their phone line (this is always the case when they cause a power-cut), but when I did get through, both yesterday and today, they gave me very accurate and truthful answers so I knew exactly what to expect.

Either way, I'm about to turn off the laptop, turn off the lights and try to sleep off this migraine. Hope your weekend is off to a better start!

4 comments:

Yngvild said...

Well, I tried to comment on ur blog and wrote something long and boring, but it didnt work. Lucky you. So: sorry. I feel your pain. Wish you a week full of POWER!

Maya Mame said...

How typical, I hate when that happens! Thanks though, hope there will be no more power cuts!!!

Kajsa Hallberg Adu said...

or...you are always welcome back to breezy, infrastructure-reliable Tema :-)

Maya Mame said...

I might just take you up on the offer, Kajsa. Accra is just toooooo hot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails