Friday 22 August 2008

Gothenburg

Coming to Gothenburg has been a hectic, and yet a calm and very casual experience. Usually I stay in town for 3 or 4 weeks, taking days to slowly get used to the different pace and culture before I set off to meet friends. This time around I'm only around for a few days so meetings with friends were planned ahead of time.

As usual the first thing I notice is the clean, crisp air, the bright blue sky and the pacifying atmosphere. I've relaxed, avoided the shops and spent quality time with my beautiful little nephews (who are surely the cutest babies in the world!), my friends and family. It's wonderful that thanks to the internet and phones, meeting once a year is not as akward as it was before, with so many stories to be told and news to be given. Now we can easily pick up from the last text, email or facebook message.

So catch up time has been quality time rather than quantity, we already know what's going on in each other's lives and can rather focus on enjoying the company. Luckily, this meant that yesterday there was even time left over to follow my wonderful friend and her family out to sea for a beautiful evening on one of the many tiny islands on the souths side of Gothenburg. Pictures will follow shortly.

Now, off to get ready for a traditional Ghanaian outdooring in a modern Ghanaian, Swedish, Morrocan setting!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails