Wednesday 11 June 2008

Hi

Back again, slightly better. The weekend was strange. Woke up on Saturday feeling a bit off, slightly tired. Towards midday I was shivering, feverish, stiff shoulders and neck and drifting in and out of sleep. Then, for about an hour I felt completely well and mentally started making Saturday plans. However, very quickly I was back to shivering, fever and drowsiness. Stayed in bed until Mensah drove me to H & S's house. There, I longed for a nice woolly jumper whilst S talked about how hot it was. Stayed up later than I wanted to because it felt anti-social going to bed too early (why think of such things when sick?!?).

Then on Sunday I woke up after a very good night's rest, feeling revitalised with not an ache or ailment in sight. It was so odd, I couldn't help but wonder if i was sooo sick I thought I was well.

Had lunch at Akinyi's in the Silver Bells estate, managed to visit the Poet's for the first time and saw K's new car. Stayed in the Regimanuel area the whole day and really enjoyed the day.

Then, Monday morning: shivering, joint aches, drowsiness and dizziness. What's going on???!

Suspect it's malaria, as this clearly is malaria season (which season isn't?) and my body is currently covered in mosquito bites after mosquitos have attempted to turn every piece of my body into their own personal victory hill over the past few days. But at least I'm glad to be back online. ;)

2 comments:

The Author said...

Get well soon ok? Keep the blogoshpere active.

Maya Mame said...

thanks, will try to catch up on blogging. Unfortunately must catch up on work first :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails