Saturday 13 December 2008

Happy Lucia!

OK, so I haven't had cable TV for three years, maybe this next observation is completely retarded, but I just saw a music video which caught my eye. First I noticed the profile of one of the Boys II Men guys, then to my surprise I immediately recognised a bridge from Kakum National Forest. After that were shots of Ghanaian schoolchildren in the traditional ellow and brown uniforms and pictures from Cape Coast (or was it Elmina?) castle. Felt so proud to see my country displayed in a video by a well-known American group! (After that there were further shots from other countries so I quickly lost interest, he he). It' the video of Colour of Love which I know as an old song but I have never seen the video before.

Today is Lucia Day, a day we celebrate in Sweden in honour of an Italian saint (long story). Since Christmas has been snatched away by the Grinch, a.k.a. Electoral Commission, I decided to celebrate this day all out. After spending 4-5 hours baking and cooking (saffronrolls, gingerbread, mulled wine, meatballs and sausages), I enjoyed the afternoon and early evening with a bunch of friends, discussing everything from nurseries in Ghana, real estate developers and the soap opera style lives of househelp!

Feel very exhausted after a physically tiring day (started with a one hour workout at 6a.m.!) so it might be time for bed. Forgot to take photos of the feast, perhaps tomorrow I'll re-stage it with whatever leftovers are available just to give you an idea of what it was like. The best thing about the day was probably spending the whole day without worrying about elections (although the subject did pop up several times). Hopefully there will be more days like that before the 28th!

4 comments:

Yngvild said...

you just have to organize your brain into compartements: one for elections and another for christmas. Get it? :) go maya's christmas!!

The Author said...

I'd take Lucia Day any day instead of Election Christmas. As usual, you know how to have fun.

Maya Mame said...

True Yngvild, I'll try to separate my scatterbrain into compartments, it shouldn'tbe too hard. After all it's only 9 days till one event and 13 to the other!

Maya Mame said...

It was a really good day Nana Yaw! Actually it has given me a taste for Christmas. May have to celebrate it after all...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails